Sign up today for the third winter session at YWCA Rhode Island. Classes are available for youth and adults.
Youth programs include vacation camps, physical activities, art studio, gymnastics and more:
- Vacation Camps offered for children ages 2 1/2 to 12 years of age with a Junior Leadership option available for youth 13 and over. Ask about Doodle Bugs, Busy Bee, and Adventure Camps during February Vacation (2/19-22). Camp hours are from 6:30am to 6pm. Pre-registration is required. YWCA Rhode Island vacation camps are safe and affordable with experienced staff providing fun activities.
- Small World offers opportunities for socialization, creativity and toilet training. It includes storytime, songs, crafts, playtime and snack. One hour (Thursday or Friday, 9-10am) and two hour (Thursday or Friday, 10am-noon) options are available. It is for 2 to 3-year-olds.
- Art for Children is for 5 to 10-year-olds. It introduces students to basic color theory via fun, hands on, interactive lessons and creativity games. It meets on Fridays from 5-6:30 p.m.
- Gymnastics Academy is for 3 to 18 year olds and allows gymnasts the opportunity to advance to higher levels. Classes are held throughout the week for beginners, intermediate, advanced and competitive teams. YWCA Rhode Island Gymnastics Academy Competitive Coaches are USA Gymnastics Certified.
- Your child is able to grow-up with YWCA. It meets all your child care needs with quality Infant, Toddler, Pre-Preschool, Preschool, Before & After Kindergarten Care, and Before & After School Age Care. The programs are licensed by the Rhode Island Department of Education and the Rhode Island Department of Children, Youth and Families. YWCA is also a member of the Rhode Island Afterschool Plus Alliance.
Wellness programs for adults:
- Aerobic Dance offers benefits such as increases in heart health,muscular endurance, mood, energy level and a decrease in shortness of breath. It meets on Mondays and Wednesdays from 7:15-8:15pm.
- Belly Dancing is a great core workout offered in a fun, supportive environment. Classes are on Tuesdays. The beginner class starts at 6:30pm. The intermediate class starts at 7:30pm. Learn some exciting moves including snake arms, figure eights, hip circles, traveling steps and shimmies.
- Inquire about other YWCA Health and Wellness programs such as Heart Attack symptoms, A Matter of Balance, Chronic Disease Self-Management,Chronic Pain Self-Management, Diabetes Self-Management, ENCOREplus®, Healthy Steps, Volleyball Leagues, Walking Club, and Women's Workout Room.
To view the complete YWCA Session Brochure online, visit www.ywcari.org. YWCA Rhode Island provides developmentally appropriate programming with 145 years of excellence. To learn more or to schedule a tour, visit 514 Blackstone St. in Woonsocket or call 401-769-7450.