The Town of Coventry Emergency Management Staff (EMA) in cooperation with
all Emergency Response Agencies, the Department of Public Works and Human
Services Agencies of the Town of Coventry continue preparations for Winter
The Coventry EMA staff is currently monitoring the storm and working
hand-in-hand with the Rhode Island Emergency Management Agency to gather
information needed to make critical storm related decisions.
Emergency response by fire, police, department of public works and human
services support is prepared and ready to respond to the community's needs.
Please understand that travel will be difficult during this storm. This also
applies to Emergency Vehicles.
- Town Council President, Gary Cote, has declared a State of Emergency for this event.
- Town offices will close today at noon, including the Town library. Both will be closed for the weekend.
- A parking ban is in effect as of last evening at midnight and will remain in effect until further notice. Please ensure that vehicles are not left on the roadway, they will be towed if they hinder snow removal operations.
- Please stay off the roadways as the storm will intensify throughout the day. This will allow our snow removal crews to clear our roadways more quickly and efficiently.
- A warming center will be available at the Coventry Senior Center (50 Wood St.), from 4 p.m. this evening throughout the storm.
For more information regarding the planning by Coventry EMA you may go to
the Town of Coventry website http://www.town.coventry.ri.us/ as well as The
Coventry Police Department website http://www.coventrypd.org/.
Additional information may be obtained from the Rhode Island EMA at their
Bryan J. Volpe
Chief of Police/ EMA Director