.

Woonsocket Fire Marshal Determines Both Jan. 10 Fires Accidental

Location of Lincoln Street fire found, cause of Front Street blaze discovered.

 

Woonsocket Fire Marshal Mike Morin reports the investigation of the fires that struck two city apartment buildings Jan. 10 reveals they were accidental.

The first fire, which Woonsocket firefighters were called to 179 Lincoln St. at about 12:30 Jan. 10, started on the porch chair. "We know exactly where the fire started," Morin said. They're still investigating how it happened, he said, though they believe it was an accident.

With the 272 Front St. Fire, where firefighters were called at about 9:20 p.m. the same day, Morin said, "It was a table lamp that was knocked over." The fire began in a bedroom at the back of the building, Morin said, when something caused a lamp to fall over onto a pile of clothes that then caught fire. A nearby bed caught from there, he said. Beds are pretty good fuel for house fires, he noted.

The Red Cross has provided emergency shelter to 21 adults and three children displaced by the fire, Morin said.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something