This week, Patch Picks knows where to enjoy Oriental cuisine here in the city.
· is located at 267 Main St. Having been in business for 105 years now, Chan’s is definitely doing something right. Try one of the dozen Chef’s Suggestions like the delicious House of Chan Gai Po made with chicken (with or without batter) in a special sauce with lobster meat, tender beef, shrimp and fresh mixed vegetables or try the Steak Kew made with sirloin steak and choice Chinese vegetables. If that isn’t what you’re looking for, the extensive menu has everything including Szechwan, Mandarin, and Polynesian cuisine including many delectable dinner or luncheon combo plates. Hours: open daily from 11:30a.m. (401-765-1900) Delivery Hours: Sun. from noon, M-Sat. from 4p.m. (www.chanseggrollsandjazz.com)
· is located at 240 Social St. Some of their Chef’s Specialties include the popular Hawaii Five “O” with chunks of lobster, shrimp, chicken, roast pork, beef, and mixed vegetables in a house special brown sauce or try the Lake Tung-Ting Shrimp made with jumbo shrimp and mixed vegetables in a light sauce with egg whites. Order as take out only. Hours: Sun. 11:30a.m.-10:30p.m., M-Th 10:30a.m.-11:30p.m., F & Sat. 10:30a.m.-11:00p.m. (401-597-6800 & 401-597-6801)
· is located at 876 Diamond Hill Rd. The all-you-can-eat buffet has everything including Roast Pork Chop Suey, Vegetable Egg Foo Young, Chicken and Beef Teriyaki, Crab Rangoon and Sesame Chicken. You can do take-out from the buffet (pay by the pound) or order off their sizable menu. Hours: Sun.-Th 11:00a.m.-10:30p.m, F & Sat. 11:00a.m.-11:00p.m. (401-766-9888 & 508-883-8688)
· is located at 366 Cumberland Hill Rd. The Chef’s Suggestions include the Ho Kong Special made from thin slices of Virginia ham, tender beef, sautéed with select vegetables, special oyster sauce and garnished with golden fried jumbo shrimp or select the Peking Wedding dish made from spicy shrimp in a hot lobster sauce served over a bed of soft noodles. Hours: Sun. noon-midnight., M & Tu 2:00p.m.-11:30p.m., W & Th 11:30a.m.-midnight, F & Sat. 11:30a.m.-1:00a.m. (401-765-3064 & 401-765-3163) Delivery Hours: daily 4:00p.m.-10:30p.m. (401-762-2626)
· is located at 2000 Diamond Hill Rd. The all-you-can-eat buffet features a Sushi Bar and Hibachi Bar. They boast of having over 150 items to choose from including General Tso’s Shrimp, Boneless Spareribs, Sweet and Sour Pork, Chicken with Broccoli, and Chicken Fingers. You can do take-out from the buffet (pay by the pound) or order off the huge menu. Hours: Sun.-Th 11:00a.m.-10:00p.m., F & Sat. 11:00a.m.-10:30p.m. (401-766-8300) (www.newchinasuperbuffetri.com)