We're halfway through the week, Woonsocket - Check out what's happening in and around the city today:
1) Mount St. Charles - Mount Saint Charles Academy invites you to their 2012 Spring Info Night. Info Night is an evening for those interested in attending the private, Catholic college preparatory junior/senior high school.
2) Free prescription screening - Head down to the Lincoln Senior Center, 150 Jenckes Hill Road, Lincoln this morning, 11 a.m., for free medication screening. U.S. Senator Jack Reed is teaming up with the University of Rhode Island (URI) College of Pharmacy, CVS/pharmacy, and RI Script Your Future to provide the screening and health checks for local seniors at a health fair.
3) Animal shelter - The Woonsocket Animal Shelter is in need of donations of money, cat litter, dog and cat toys, blankets, towels, cleaning supplies and leashes. You can call them at 401-766-6571.
4) Close call - On this day in 1986, Halley's Comet made its closest approach to Earth this trip, 63 million kilometers, according to brainyhistory.com.
5) Weather - Today, look for a high temp of 54 degrees, with a 40 percent chance of showers, according to weather.com.
If you've got an item you'd like added to 5 Things, e-mail editor Rob Borkowski at email@example.com.