1. announced the annual Patriotic Concert and Fireworks display will be held on July 3 at the WWII Veterans Memorial Park on Social Street. The concert begins at 7 p.m.; fireworks start around 9:15. Bring chairs and blankets. The event is sponsored by Woonsocket Health and Rehabilitation Hospital, local businesses and residents.
2. Registration is now open for a new summer camp program tailored for young girls ages 5 to 10 at . GoGirlGo! is an award winning curriculum that focuses on being active, building confidence and self-esteem, and healthy living through fun and engaging activities. The GoGirlGo! summer camp program will run for two, four-week sessions during summer. Each session will include a variety of activities including: sport instruction, games, crafts, leadership training, nutrition, self-esteem and building friendships. Space is limited. In addition to GoGirlGo!, YWCA Rhode Island will offer a variety of summer camp programs for campers from pre-K through age 12. To register or for more information contact 401-769-7450 or visit YWCA Rhode Island at 514 Blackstone St., Woonsocket.
3. James Thomas blogged last week about now being the time to change the politicians in Woonsocket. He has quite a debate going. Do you think you could spark the same type of debate? Then blog for us!
4. Ever wanted to try Zumba? It's only $5 and it happens in Woonsocket every Wednesday at St. Ann's Arts and Cultural Center from 6 to 6:30 and 6:30 to 7 p.m.
5. Do you know anyone who worked in the Jules Desurmont Mill Complex? The company restoring it wants to make a historical video of it. Contact Greg if you can help.