Now's the time to sign up for summer sessions at the YMCA.Classes for youth and adults begin on Monday, June 23. To learn more or to schedule a tour, call 401-769-7450 or visit them at 514 Blackstone Street in Woonsocket.
Youth programs include socialization activities, gymnastics, vacation camps and more. A sampling:
- SMALL WORLD offers opportunities for socialization, creativity and toilet training. It includes storytime, songs, crafts, playtime and snack. One hour (Thursday, 9-10am) and two hour (Thursday, 10am-noon) classes are available. It is for 2 ½ to 3 ½ year olds.
- GYMNASTICS ACADEMY is for 3 to 18 year olds and allows gymnasts the opportunity to advance to higher levels. Classes are held throughout the week for beginners, intermediate, advanced and competitive teams. YWCA Rhode Island Gymnastics Academy Competitive Coaches are USA Gymnastics Certified.
- VACATION CAMPS are offered for children ages 2 ½ to 12 years of age with a Junior Leadership option available for youth 13 and over. Ask about Doodle Bugs, Busy Bee, Go Girl Go and Adventure Camp. Preregistration is required. YWCA Rhode Island vacation camps are safe and affordable with experienced staff providing fun activities.
- Your child is able to grow-up with YWCA. It meets all your child care needs with quality Infant, Toddler, Pre-Preschool, Preschool, Before & After Kindergarten Care, and Before & After School Age Care. The programs are licensed by the Rhode Island Department of Education and the Rhode Island Department of Children, Youth and Families. YWCA is a member of the Rhode Island Afterschool Plus Alliance.
- YWCA also has adult programs:
- AEROBICS offers benefits such as increases in heart health, muscular endurance, mood, energy level and a decrease in shortness of breath. It meets on Mondays and Wednesdays from 7:15-8:15pm.
- BELLY DANCING is a great core workout offered in a fun, supportive environment. Learn some exciting moves including snake arms, figure eights, hip circles, traveling steps and shimmies. Classes are on Tuesdays from 7-8pm.
YWCA Rhode Island provides developmentally appropriate programming with 146 years of excellence and three campus locations - Northern Rhode Island, Providence, and Central Falls/Pawtucket. The complete YWCA Session Brochure is online at www.ywcari.org. Other programs include: Central Falls Has Heart, ENCOREplus®, Golf League, Sarah Frances Grant Homestead, Teen Pregnancy Prevention, Volleyball Leagues, Women’s Workout Room and YWCA Rosie’s Girls.