YWCA Fall Classes begin on Sept. 4
Youth and adult programs open for registration.
Sign up today for Fall Classes at YWCA Rhode Island. Options available for youth and adults. To register, visit 514 Blackstone Street in Woonsocket. To set up a tour or for details, call 401-769-7450.
Youth programs include physical activities, art studio, gymnastics and
more. A sampling:
- Small World offers opportunities for socialization, creativity and toilet training. It includes storytime, songs, crafts, playtime and snack. One hour (Thursday or Friday, 9-10 a.m.) and two hour (Thursday or Friday, 10 a.m. - noon) options available. It is for 2 ½ to 3 ½ year olds.
- Art for Children is for 5 to 10 year olds. It introduces students to basic color theory via fun, hands on, interactive lessons and creativity games. It meets on Fridays from 5-6:30 p.m.
- Gymnastics Academy is for 3 to 18 year olds and allows gymnasts the opportunity to advance to higher levels. Classes are held throughout the week for beginners, intermediate, advanced and competitive teams.
YWCA Rhode Island Gymnastics Academy Competitive Coaches are USA Gymnastics Certified.
Your child is able to grow-up with YWCA. It meets all your child care needs with quality Infant, Toddler, Pre-Preschool, Preschool, Before & After Kindergarten Care, and Before & After School Age Care. The programs are licensed by the Rhode Island Department of Education and the Rhode Island Department of Children, Youth and Families. YWCA is also a member of the Rhode Island Afterschool Plus Alliance.
Wellness programs for adults include:
- Aerobic Dance with benefits such as increases in heart health, muscular endurance, mood, energy level and a decrease in shortness of breath. It meets on Mondays and Wednesdays from 7:15-8:15 p.m.
- Belly Dancing a great core workout offered in a fun, supportive environment. Classes are on Tuesdays. The beginner class starts at 6:30 p.m. The intermediate class starts at 7:30 p.m. Learn some exciting moves - snake arms, figure eights, hip circles, traveling steps and shimmies.
- Inquire about other YWCA Health and Wellness programs such as Parenting in Progress, Race Against Racism 5K Run/Walk on Oct. 7 at Autumnfest, Volleyball Leagues, and Women's Workout Room.
To view the complete YWCA Fall Session Brochure online, visit www.ywcari.org. YWCA Rhode Island provides developmentally appropriate programming with 145 years of excellence. YWCA is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.