Monday: Tax aid, Photos and The Great One
Got the Monday blues? Lighten up with today's five things to know.
1. Tax help Don't forget it's tax time. Connecting for Children and Families is offering free tax preparation to those who qualify through its Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site in Woonsocket. The VITA program provides free tax preparation for families with income less than $50,000. The tax preparers are trained and certified by IRS to do basic returns. The free service is available at the Hope Street Family Center at 46 Hope Street.
2. Shutterbug Got an interesting photo from around the city you want to share with your neighbors? Show it off in the Woonsocket Patch Neighborhood Gallery.
3. Blog Everyone's got an opinion on something. Express yours on Woonsocket Patch by becoming a Patch blogger. No matter what your interests, hobbies or areas of expertise, we want to know about it. Blog about what you want, when you want. No deadlines, no assignments. Write as often as you like, and build your following among Patch readers. You can even tap into Patch readers to boost the numbers on your personal blog site. Email Patch editor Patrick Luce at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
4) The Great One - On this day in 1980, Wayne Gretsky became the first teenager to score 50 goals in a season.
5) Weather - Today the high will be 48 degrees, with a chance of rain or snow in the morning, giving way to partly cloudy skies, according to weather.com.