Looking for Fish & Chips? Find Them in Woonsocket
Not eating meat on this first Friday of Lent? Get your seafood without leaving the city.
It's one of those Rhode Island traditions — picking up fish and chips on Fridays during Lent.
And since today is the first Friday after Ash Wednesday — and thus the first Friday of Lent — local folks might be looking for places in Woonsocket to find their fish and chips fix.
Here's a selection of places in town that offer take-out or dine in, depending on your preference — be sure to call or visit early, as their customers will likely be packed like, ahem, sardines.
Click on the links to see each restaurant on the Woonsocket Patch Places directory page, including address and hours.
- Ye Olde English Fish & Chips: 25 S Main St, Open till 8 p.m. Friday.
- Serio's Fish & Chips: 170 Providence St. Open till 10 p.m. Friday.
- Yolks: 1500 Diamond Hill Rd Open till 7:45 p.m. Friday.
- Kay's (seafood salad, chowder specials every Friday during Lent): 1013 Cass Ave Open till midnight Friday.
- Christopher's Restaurant: 614 N Main St Open till 11 p.m. Friday.
Have another favorite spot for fish & chips? Let us know in the comments section below.
Is your restaurant offering a fish & chips special? Post it in the comments.