Fire Lt. David Degrane at the Woonsocket Fire Marshal's office said the fire occured in the building's fryolators, a deep-frying appliance used to cook french fries and other fried foods, including doughnuts. The fire began underneath the appliance, near the burners, which he said is unusual.
From there, the fire spread into the hood over the fryolators, he said. The Woonsocket Fire Department was on the scene within minutes, and the fire was out in 20 minutes.
A sign on the front of the building informs customers that the business is closed while repairs are made to the kitchen. "They're replacing all the equipment right now," Degrane said.