5 Things: Adding A Country Vibe To Woonsocket
Here are f Things to know today, Jan. 27.
1. White trash has never been more entertaining than in "The Great American Trailer Park" Musical!
There's a new tenant at Armadillo Acres — and she's wreaking havoc all over Florida's most exclusive trailer park. When Pippi, the stripper on the run, comes between the Dr. Phil–loving, agoraphobic Jeannie and her tollbooth collector husband, the storms begin to brew.
2. After the show, keep that country vibe going at Back Alley Pub, 1666 Diamond Hill Road as they "Kick It Country" with 98.1 Cat Country. Enter for your chance to win tickets to the Cat Country Snow Ball with free transportation from Destiny Limousine. Festivities begin at 8 and continue all night.
3. Has your son ever considered scouting? The Boy Scouts say they offer a life-changing experience teaching young men survival and life skills, and offering the opportunity for cameraderie. The Scouts have scheduled an informational meeting tonight at 6:30 at All Saints Parish, 323 Rathbun St. All prospective members and their families are welcome to attend.
4. Reflections with Connie Lemonde
“Are you serious?” Martha asked.
“Yes,” answered Denise. “This neighborhood is awful. It's filled with snobs who have nothing to do but gossip.”
“Well, there are a few who are snotty, but I find most persons to be friendly and helpful. I've been here for eight years, and I like it very much.”
“Well, what about our neighbor across the street. At Stop & Shop, I overheard that arrogant Olmstead talking about Mrs. Finley next door. Do you know what she said about her?”
“No. And I don't want to know,” Martha insisted. “I'm not interested in anything that even smells like gossip.”
“Anyhow, when I moved here a year and a half ago,” Denise babbled on, “I really thought this would be better than where I came from, but it's not.”
“And where was that,” Martha asked.
“Really?” Martha said in surprise. “My best friend has been living there for 10 years. She loves it.”
Denise brushed the air with her hand. “Here or there ... they're all the same. Just a bunch of people who think they're better than anyone else,” she said, as she opened her cell phone and turned to walk away. “I'll see you later.”
As Martha watched her go away, she felt sorry for her. That woman may never be happy, she thought, as she remembered a quotation by Doris Mortman, who said, “Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have.”
5. Wind-swept rain is expected to dampen the day today, but at least it won't be cold. The unseasonable warmth continues today as temperatures soar into the mid- to high-50s! Sun returns for the weekend with temperatures remaining well above normal, reaching the upper 40s.